Pregnancy ultrasound showing gestational sac with no internal echoes. Could this be a miscarriage?

I am very confused with what is going on with my pregnancy. My last menstrual date was July 1st, 2012. I had an ultrasound at what should have been 7 weeks into the pregnancy based on menstrual dates, but at that time they were not able to get a good picture and reported that it was measuring at 5 weeks and a query gestational sac with no internal echoes. I had blood test done to tract the markers of the HcG hormone and it was 8000 one day and 0000 two days later. Is there concern for miscarriage , a non-viable pregnancy or is that things were not properly seen. Could also having andomyosis be a concern that could make things not so clear.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012