Pop on lower back, soreness, feeling of frozen lower back, charlie horse, muscle strain

I felt a pop in my lower back when I went to stretch out before getting out of bed yesterday morning. I was a little sore for the rest of the day. I was on my feet a lot for the rest of the day also. This morning I woke up and my whole left side of my lower back felt like it was frozen up. Kind of like a charlie horse but in my back. Is this just considered a muscle strain or is it something that I need to see a doctor for. Something similar happened once before and i thought I had just pulled something doing yoga .
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012