Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
This is to inform you that Plantar fascitis takes months to years to resolve completely.
The management of this condition is as follows -
* Relative rest and simple massage
of the foot along with stretching excercises
* Judicious use of analgesic
* Night splints may be useful to keep the foot in plantigrade position
* Use of MCR (micronised rubber) or silicon heels in the foot wear
* Maintaining appropriate body weight
* At time a single injection of corticosteroid in to the area of maximum pain will provide good pain relief.
Surgery is the last treatment option and should never be done before 9 months of a conservative management. The success of surgery is only upto 75%.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day.