Persisting rawness, smelly discharge post months of skin grafting. Is it normal for skin graft to take such a long to heal?

Two months ago I had an operation which needed a skin graft taken from the top of my thigh. I cannot believe how painful it is - after two months it is still red raw and weeping a ghastly smelly liquid. It is covered by oPTI flexigrid plastic covering. I have been told to leave this on but it smells so bad I have to change it once every 2 weeks. Is this normal for a skin graft to take so long to show any sign of healing and still hurt so much - anything touching it is very painful. The actual operation site has not caused me a days worry - sods law. I just hope I have not got MRSA or something like that.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012