Diagnosed with MRSA, took zyvox. Had abcess removed from hand lost tendon due to infection. Curable?

Question
can you ever be comp,letely cured os MRSA??? I was diagnosed with this in march I took zyvox for 2 weeks. i was pronounced cured. I lost two fingers in the process and had an abcess removed from my right hand, and abcess in my rigght armpit and lost tendons due to the infection in my right index finger. Now i am having fair ups in the same areas. can you ever be cured from MRSA
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very possible

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for the query,

It is very possible to cured of MRSA. The first and most urgent thing is doing a culture and sensitivity test of the samples. It is often preferable to use two laboratories to be sure of the results. The causative strains are determined and specific antibiotic sensitivity profiles determined.

Associating an infectiologist in the management process is necessary. Consult an infectiologist and retake sensitivity tests. Two laboratories for more precision in the culture process is a priority,

Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with MRSA, took zyvox. Had abcess removed from hand lost tendon due to infection. Curable? 1 hour later
there are no such thing as an infectionologist in arkansas

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Even your primary care physician Could help.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the follow up.

In case you do not have an infectious disease specialist, I suggest you consult your physician again. Samples should be sent if possible to two separate laboratories for cultures and sensitivity tests. The opinion of your primary care physician or an XXXXXXX medicine specialist, if available could be useful.

Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.