Have raynauds disease. Had MRSA. Took vyox. Any treatment?

I had MRSA . I had a complicatiion due to undisagnosed raynauds disease where my fingernails on several fingers feel off. then I got staph infection in the nail beds which eventually was dagnosed as MRSA. I also deveoloped a couple of abcesses in my hand and underarm which required surgery to oopen and drain. I took vyox I think was the name for two weeks. my question is can you ever be completely cured from MRSA? I ask because I keep having flair ups of infections and have had three fingers amputated to stop these infections. so can I ever be cdompletely cured. sdo you think other test are needed to test tissue for MRSA. I am scared becuse my dear friend died when her MRSA was never cured and sahe died from MRSA in the lungs
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MRSA is treatable.

Detailed Answer:
Raynauds ds occurs due to spasm or constriction of blood vessels limiting nutrient and oxygen supply to affected area causing it to shrivel, ulcerate and develop infection sometimes.
So the cause of your infection could have been raynaud's disease.
Raynaud's disease can be kept under control by keeping yourself warm. Wear gloves and maintain a comfortable warm room temperature.
Medicines like pentoxyfilline, nifedipine, aspirin and topicsl nitroglycerin help a lot in raynaud's disease.

MRSA is diagnosed by pus culture sensitivity of affected area and no other test is required for further confirmation.
It is treatable with drugs like vancomycin, teicoplanin and linezolid. Personally i have used linezolid in MRSaA patient and the response was good.

In your case control of infection and treatment of raynaud's ds is required simultaneously. Please XXXXXXX a vascular surgeon in your locality. With proper treatment, you wil recover.
Hope that helped
Follow-up: Have raynauds disease. Had MRSA. Took vyox. Any treatment? 10 hours later
you failed to answer my main question can you be completely curd from MRSA. i am seeing a rheumatologist and a vascular doctor for the raynauds. I still need to know is MRSA is completely cureable or will I be plauged with this the rest of my life. I lost a friend because doctors never cured her
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRSA is curable

Detailed Answer:
you seem to have misconstrued what I meant to say.
in my previous post I have mentioned MRSA is treatable. With proper antibiotics it canbe treated . MRSA is nothing but a staph infection which is resistant to certain antibiotics. Vancomycin,teicoplanin, minocycline,clindamycin,linezolid are some drugs used to treat/ CURE the same. Linezolid gives quite good results in treating the infection.

In certain patients it can lead to mortality or death if patient had low immunity, extensive infection or if proper treatment was not provided.
So what happened to your friend is to applicable to you.

For all practical purposes MRSA is treatable or curable.
Hope that answered your query.
Should there be any other doubt please write back.