Painful sex, was on mirena, threads cannot be seen. Is it related ?

i have had my mirena in now for 3 1/2 yrs and not really had any problems. but 2 wks ago i was having sex with my partner and had to stop because i developed severe trapped wind. since then i had a coil check and the threads could not be seen and haven t been able to have sex without it being painful. it has also been painful passing gas since then. i have an appointment this week to see if they can locate my coil. Could this have anything to do with the mirena?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013