Painful periods, flesh skin like pieces on tampon. On nuva ring for regulating periods. Cause of concern?

I ve been on the nuva ring for about 6 months now, not to prevent pregnancy, but to regulate menstrual periods (I used to get them twice a month and had become anemic). This period, however, I noticed was unusually painful this cycle, and the last two times that I ve changed tampons,I noticed a kind of flesh, skin like peices on the tampon. They are rather large and they are not clots or mucous. Infact, they almost resemble chicken flesh. Should I see my gyno/ be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013