Pain in thigh while running, lower back twinge. Muscle pull?

I have started exercising and during a recent run, I experienced a sudden sharp pain in my upper front thigh/hip region. It was very painful and I had trouble walking. I attributed the pain to pulling a muscle. I took a week off from exercising and my pain went away. However two days ago I went on a run and within 5 minutes, I felt the same sharp pain but the pain was so acute I thought I was going to faint. Since then, the pain has worsened and now I feel a twinge in my lower back as well. I can't walk at all because the pain is so severe. It's right at my top front thigh radiating up to my hip and down my thigh. I am in agony unless I don't move. Could this be serious or have I just pulled a muscle. Please help. Thank you. Isabelle
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013