Pain in neck and back-shoulder, numb neck, pain when swallowing. Serious?

Hi, yesterday morning a sevre pain in my neck and right back-shoulder woke me up. At first I thought that maby I just slept on it, but today the pain is the same if not worse. My neck is a bit numb but slowly I can move it in every direction except back. I have to support my head to lay down because the pain gets to svere.
I also can't swallow without pain. When I swallow I get a severe pinch in my neck-to-shouled connection.
I know that this is probably a pinched nerve, but my question is how dangerous is it? Should I wait and see if it gets better or should I see my doctor today? I'm 25.
Thank you verry much! Tina
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013