Pain in left shoulder blade, flu, sore throat, ache, dry mouth, taking ibuprophen. Cause and cure?

i recently had pain in my left shoulder blade and neck, My MD did ekg which was fine and put me on a steroid for 5 days and flexiril at night which I only needed for 3 days. Shoulder felt better for about 2 weeks, when I came down with flu like symptoms (fever, aches, very sore throat, dry mouth), Dr prescribed tamaflu, symptoms lasted for 3 days during which my shoulder pain came back. The flu symptoms are gone and I am left with the should pain and sometimes numbness in left shoulder, numbness goes down arm and also the very dry mouth. I have been taking ibuprophen for weeks, I try to take it only one or twice a day (2- 200mgs). At night the pain wakes me up. Is there something else I should try as far as anti-inflammatory or could this be more serious?tjm71
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013