Pain in groin area and leg, cold feet. Blood test and xrays done. Diagnosed as arthritis. What could it be?

Husband had severe pain in right groin and cold feet up to yesterdy, A and E ruled out clots etc and suggested it might be muscular. However, during the night pain has practically disappered in right leg and moved to same place in left leg. Returned to A and E and basically told they never came across it, repeated bloods and did xrays to rule out fractures , arthritis and eventuallyy told they havent a clue what it is and to come back again tomorrow and maybe a different doctor might suggest something else. Any idea? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012