Pain in ear after diagnosed with vertigo

I went to a doc yesterday and was diagnosed with vertigo and today I feel my ear is painful.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Please get your ears examined by an ENT Specialist. That is the only way to know whether your ear has a problem or if it is a referred pain. Do you have a hearing loss or tinnitus in addition to vertigo? What is your age and can you describe your vertigo in detail? Details such as relation to change in position, severity, duration, presence or absence of nausea or vomiting, fever, rashes, history of head injury in the past will be helpful.
i don't feel anything wrong with my ear, no problem with my hearing. i'm 22 years old. i'm just feeling dizzy, like i'm in a boat. it's been 2 months since i'm feeling dizzy, just that these 2 days my dizziness are a little bit more severe. i don't feel nausea at all. no fever, rashes, history of head injury too.
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
If your dizziness is:
1. Not true rotatory vertigo (unsteadiness like being in a boat),
2. Constant or for hours and days together,
3. Not related to change in position like lying down or getting up,
4. Occurring even as you walk,
then it is less likely to be due to your ears.