Pain in arm where arterial poke was done. Options other than doppler to predict blood clots?

I am recently home from hospital after having major back surgery. They did a picc in one arm and an arterial poke in my wrist in the other arm. It has been almost 3 weeks and I have swelling and pain in the arm where the arterial poke was done. My doctor wants me to have venous doppler done to my arm where the swelling is. I am afraid because I am having alot of pain in my arm now. I can barely touch my own arm let alone have a doppler done. Is there any other way to predict blood clots without having doppler.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013