Overweight with heavy menstruation and severe cramping. Is it safe to lose this much blood?

I am 27. I am 5 4 and weigh about 245. Pretty much since I started my periods they have been irregular. the past couple of years I have only had 2-4 periods a year. When I get them they are horrible. I get sick and I have a really heavy flow with a lot of clots. I am on now and this is the worst one yet. I do not think it is normal to lose this much blood , and my back and legs are cramping bad. I have never been sexually active.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013