Overweight, have lengthy periods when trying to lose weight. Were controlled while on birth control. Which hormones should be checked?

My period like to run really long. My doctor put me on birth control(Levora 15/30) and I ve been taking them for the past 5 years. I tried to go off and I didn t have a period for three months then my period was regular for two months and then it started running long again when I started to lose weight. So, I had to start the birth control again. What hormones should I get checked? Is there a link between me losing weight and having long periods ? I am overweight and I m trying to lose to help my periods be more controlled.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012