On Yasmin and on antibiotics for flu. Suggest some best contraceptive method. Will mirena cause to increase weight?

Hi there, I am a 25 year old female and would like to be advised on the best contraceptive method out there. I am currently using the oral contraceptive- Yasmin, but have heard of women getting pregnant even when using the oral contraceptive. I take my pill on a consistant basis, but I am currently on antibiotics for flu . I heard that antibiotics neutralises the pill. I am concidering getting the mirena , but would like to know how effective it is and also if I would be able to use the pill with it as the pill also regulates my period due to medical reasons. My husband and I don t want kids soon and the mirena will thus suit us fine as lasts 5 years (so I have heard). Will the mirena make me pick up weight or not?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012