On Vyvanse, have involuntary hand movements. Is it safe to continue the medication?

My husband is on Vyvanse , and has been having involintary hand/ arm movements... he is/was completely unaware of them, does not feel them. These are huge movements. Like a hand traveling several inches back and fourth. When I bring attention to it, he pays attention, and it stops. Is this an urgent matter, and should he continue taking the medication? It s been going on for a long while, and he has been on the medication for over 2 years.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012