Old age. Loss of appetite, baggy figure, have boils, tiredness, headache, stomach pain. What is wrong?

My brother is 60 years old. 4 to 6 weeks ago he noticed liquids did not taste good, has had loss of apetite and has gone from a size 46 to a 42 which is also becoming very baggy. He had to get new glasses because his vision had become blurry. Now he has has 2 boils (opposite legs near the groin area) in less than a week. He admitted tonite that he has a general feeling of malaise ...tired, achy, headache , stomach just not right. He has high blood pressure which is under control with medication. He has not been diagnosed with either type of diabetes . Needless to say, I m worried about him. Can you give me some idea what might be wrong with him?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013