Off birth control. Had unprotected sex. Having severe cramps, bleeding fluctuating between heavy and spotting. Serious?

I have been taking birth control for over a year and have been off now for 3 months. I had unprotected sex last month while I was ovulating. last month I spotted for one day and had heavy flow two days followed by more spotting. this month I have had severe cramps spotted a week before my expected period and had a heavy flow on my expected period date with spotting the day after. I have had sever cramps now for over a week it is getting unbearable and I m not sure what is going on because I have never had cramps this bad. Could I be experiencing just bad menstrual cycles or is this something serious? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012