Numbness in groin area after laying down. Am pregnant. Is it due to pregnancy?

I am experiencing numbness in my left groin area whenever I lay down. I never feel it at all during the day and usually when I get up and start moving around a bit the numbness will subside but, it goes completely numb all night long. I remember feeling this sensation for years when I would lie down but it was more sparatic. As of lately, the numbness occurs within minutes of laying down and has become more bothersome and even a bit painful. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and wondering if it is getting worse because I am pregnant? Any ideas what could be causing this?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012