Could degenerative disk disease could cause eye problem and stroke?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a 59 year old mail with degenerative disk disease I was originally diagnosed at about age 40 -the good news -almost a symptomatic now -i do various types of resistance training and anaerobic cardio-I bought an inversion table -I have used it with good results for over a year -I do not have high blood pressure -but I was told that it could cause eye problems or a stroke -please advise Best Regards XXXXXXX G
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Does not cause eye problems or stroke. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The degenerative disc disease can only cause a chronic pain and nerve root compression causing a pain radiating to the legs. It is not related to eye problems or stroke. The risk factors for these include hypertension, diabetes, increased cholesterol, obesity, cardiac problems like ischaemia, strong family history, etc. It is good that you are doing a regular exercise which helps in decreasing the risk for such problems. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL