What causes problem in walking and getting off balance?

hi I am a 60 year old mail and iam having trouble with my balance my legs just let go and having trouble walking
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs investigations to find cause. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Problem in walking and balancing can be there due to multiple reasons but at your age there are three possibilities that are coming to my mind- 1. Anaemia- reduced blood hemoglobin levels. This can be ruled out by getting a complete blood picture done. 2.Cardiac problem- Missing heart beats are one of the common causes of fallng or it might happen due to some irregularities in the cardiac impulse. This can be ruled out on having an ECG done. 3.Muscular weakness, any infections in the recent past, lack of proper regular meals, as a side effect of some medicines, nerve root compression, etc. All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.