Numbness in ear, dizziness, trouble with taste buds, had right tympanplasty mastoidectomy with ossicular reconstruction. How long to cure ?

dear doctor.I am a typical healthy 28 year old female factory worker. I had a right tympanplasty mastoidectomy with ossicular reconstruction a week ago and i am having numbness in my ear, dizziness , trouble with taste buds, I cant wear my glasses (let alone safety glasses) and still have some pain and tenderness. Could you please tell me the expected time off work? I am worried because the factory i work in is loud and very hot with large fans and lots of dirt and dust flying around despite our efforts of cleanliness. I have had trouble with my ears since i was a very young child and am scared of reinfection.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013