After a routine tympanoplasty
and ossiculoplasty you need to note the following:
1. it takes around three weeks to three months for the complete healing
2. You should not take head bath for a period of three weeks at least
3. Do not lift heavy weight and avoid exposure to loud noise, dust for at least three weeks.
4. The trouble with the taste buds
is a known complication of this type of surgery which should subside in one to two months.
5. As mentioned before, till the healing process is complete, some amount of pain and discomfort is normal.