Numb penis, able to get erection. Caused by bending penis wrongside during intercourse?

I started experiencing a slightly numb penis about 24 hours ago and the feeling still persists. I can however still get an erection . I did hurt it by accidentally bending it the wrong way during intercourse a few days ago, but the pain was only instantaneous and not that bad, and the numbness didn t begin until a few days later, so I don t know if that could be a cause. What do you think might be wrong? Do you think it will recover by itself, or should I book an appointment with a GP? I am a 24 year old male, average height, weighing 68kgs, I don t believe it is likely to be an STI as I am in a long term committed relationship and have not been exposed.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013