Numb chin, pain when touched. Had tooth extraction. Taken antibiotics and painkiller. Will this go away?

After a week of painfull loose tooth and gums , my lower chin is numb and if touched a tingling pain occurs for three weeks now. At that time I was using ambesol maximum strenght for 2 nights and thought it burns the inside skin of my chin. Had my tooth extracted by denstist the other day and he said there is no guarantee the numbness be gone. Told have to come back Dec. 4 to see an oral nerve specialist. As of now am taking ai-biotcs and pain killer. Will this pain and numbness be gone in days or week to come by itself ? Is this pain and numbness is the reslt of my tooth infection or not ? Please let me know since am worried. Thanks. In Pain.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012