Non stop bleeding due to STD. No improvement by taking birth control pills. Should I continue taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo?

Should I continue to take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for STD related bleeding. I ve been bleeding since January 23rd and all the doctor (planned parent hood) did was give me birth control pills. The bleeding has not subsided yet. Should I continue.? I really do think I have a STD.. She wants to do a pelvic exam, but I m still bleeding. She keeps telling me to come back when the bleeding stops I m 19 btw..
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012