Nerve pain down the leg from the herniated disc. Itchy rash without scabbing on the same side, taking valtrex. Are they related?

I am concerned that since i have had a nerve pain down my leg from a herniated disk in my low back for a year now, a new itchy, welty rash , about 2 inches in diameter, has now developed on the same side of my right outer thigh, seemingly following the same nerve path. Could it be shingles? No oozing or scabbing, just very itchy and bumby. I also have to take valtrex periodically so just wondering if these are all related?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012