Herniated disc, sciatic nerve pain. Taking buprenorphine. Is opiate better than medications?

i have a herniated l4/5 disc with sciatic nerve pain.I have been on buprenorphine for past drug use (i dont use at all now or for past 10 years) so i want to change over to a painkiller for severe days however not sure which would be best. My doctor at the hospital who prescribes the bup suggested Jurnista however it seems not many chemists stock these so i wondered if you have any advice for me.My goal is to only take pills when in extreme pain to be most effective but i get the feeling a lot of the suggested pills one needs to take daily. Im a 57 year old female and wonder if any opiate has better health outcomes than others for the body.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013