Nausea with mild temperature after taking metformin. Side effect or drug interaction with nuva ring?

I started taking Metformin 1000 mg last Sunday evening. I had no noticeable side effects. I replaced my nuva ring on Thursday and took the metformin as I had been after my evening meal. I started feeling very nauseated the next morning after breakfast and haven t been able to shake it since. I have had a slight temp at 99.5. Could this be an interaction between the two medications? If so, what should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013