My mom is Hyperthyroid and has an over active Lacrimal Gland, please help

My mom is HyperThyroid and has an overactive Lacrimal Gland . She has already had two surgeries involving stints to increase the tear duct with for correct tear flow. Worked for a while but now is constantly tearing, blinks incessantly, and her eyes are bloodshot red at the end of each day. Can you point me in the right direction? I have a feeling that the combination of medicine all of her specialists have her on, may be counter-productive....As of late they have lowered her Thyroid medicine and she saw positive results for 4 weeks, but two weeks later, we are in the same boat....
Asked On : Wed, 29 Dec 2010