Reddish, tender boil on the lower eyelid near lacrimal duct opening. What is the cause and treatment?

hello doctor, i have a boil in the lower eyelid exactly where the lacrimal duct opens. it is approximately 2mm in diametre , slightly reddish, very slightly tender to touch. it is there for the past 1 week. doesn t seem to reduce in size. I really don t know what the reason could be. and what treatment should i undertake? is there any home remedies i can try? or should i seek a doctor immediately?? pls help me
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012