My knee is swollen and sort of bruised now. what i may have done ?

Hi, I am a pole vaulter and before taking off of the ground after running down the run way i stopped suddenly and my knee gave out on me. It sort of twisted and i just collapsed with a lot of pain, i didn t hear a pop but a lot of pain hit me. Prior to this injury i was feeling some discomfort and some sharp pains in the right side of my left knee. There was a little bit of rubbing going on. When i went to my school trainer he pulled on my leg and my knee was very loose. I think he said it was my ACL , both knees were loose but definitely more of my left leg(where the injury occurred). So anyways, my knee is swollen and sort of bruised now, any idea of what i may have done ? Anything super serious that wouldn t heal in the next few weeks ?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011