Muscularly traumatic blow on lower back, nothing broken. Why hurting more than other impacts?

When a person has a muscularly tramatic blow to their lower back/hip and nothing is broken, why would it hurt more than other impacts? I hit that area on some ice while snowboarding. I had xrays and a cat scan but nothing showed up. I have a high pain tolerance and am concerned because of the level of pain I m feeling. I m really just looking for an explanation as to why I might be feeling so much more extreme pain than other falls I have taken. Thank you for your time
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013