Muscle pain, back pain, hip pain, difficulty in movement. What could be this?

Hi, I am a 45 year old female. Over the last year all my muscles have started to ache. Every day when I wake up I feel as though it is the day after an intense work out at the gym. Even the muscles in the soles of my feet hurt. I do not have any health issues other than carrying some extra weight over the last 10 years but not excessive. I can't get comfortable in bed as my back, hips and legs ache. Getting out of a chair I feel every muscle and not until I move around a bit does it ease off but is still present. Someone had suggested that it may be hormonal. Looking for any advice and suggestions to make the aches go away.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013