Mucus in my throat, please advise me

im having a mucus in my throat all the time
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Vikesh,

This mucus in the throat may be due to sinus problems or acid reflux from the stomach. Please do consult your ENT specialist for the same and drink plenty of warm water avoid oily/spicy food/chilled items.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear vikesh
i believe you are suffering from posterior nasal drip in whch one feels his phlegum is fallin in throat. Maha lakshami vilas ras swarn yukat 1 bd and steam gives it good relief.
If there is no phlegum but only mucus then it can be from abdominal upset or improper digestion also. Have chitrak vati and avoid constipation.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
if you are having allergic problem avoid dusty condition
warm saline gargles will help
regular steam inhalation may also help
consult ent doctor for a check up
  Anonymous's Response
Excessive phlegm causes would mean that the throat is inflamed. This inflammation could be due to an allergy, smoking or an infection. To treat this excessive phlegm, it is important to get to the underlying reason for it. Treatment can be started accordingly.
Post nasal drip could be what causes phelgm. Post nasal drip can be caused by dairy products, inhaled irritants, smoking, throat and swallowing disorders, colds and flu, living in dry areas, as well as eating foods that you are allergic too.
Phlegm in lungs can be caused asthma, bronchitis, or even Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Tuberculosis, pneumonia and irritation are some of the conditions that cause phlegm in the lungs.