Miscarriage in 9th week, bleeding while bowels in 8th week, all tissue removed itself. Is anything wrong ?

hi, I had miscarriage 1 week before in my 9th week. During 8th week i was having bleeding while bowel movements just small drops while wiping and not after that each day for one week.I thought i may be due to 8th week and may be a small periods (becoz i read online some may have like that). Hence left that simply but suddenly on 9th week blood gushed out and we went to ER and found am miscarrying. i didnt had any symptoms or pain before bleeding.just it started without any cramps even like periods pain. Doctor said everything is normal and tissue had been removed by itself and no complication in my health. Please let me know is there anything wrong like cervical incompetence becoz it started during BM one week (while wiping) before miscarriage.please tell what precaution i can do before next pregnancy.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012