Minieres has reoccurred due to flight pressure. Recommended to do surgery again. Can eardrum retraction cause shunt malfunction?

I was dx with Menieres 3 years ago. Had endolympatic shunt surgery Aug 2012 with great success. Presently on low salt diet and Dyazide. Was asymptomatic x 9 months. Flew to Florida in April and took a 7 day cruise. First day off of boat, vertigo returned! Returned to ENT to find out my Menieres eardrum had retracted due to flight pressure. Procedure was done in ENT office to repair retracted ear with a tube. Since then have had ongoing vertigo attacks! ENT recommends to go back into surgery stating possibity of scar tissue formation preventing shunt to function. My question....is it possible that when my eardrum retracted that my shunt was affected causing it to malfunction? All my sx started after this!! Afraid to fly again! I m scheduled for another endolympatic shunt surgery in December!
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013