Mild burning with red line, swollen ear lobes after wearing earrings darkened with liver of sulfur. Allergic reaction?

I was given a pair of earrings that were darkened with liver of sulfur when I put the wires in my ears i felt a slight burn and took them out and the next day I had a red line leaving the hole in my ear and my ear lobe was swollen and red. I also feel a little sick to my stomach . Could this be a reaction to the liver of sulfur? The metal is sterling silver. I have been holding a water and hydrogen peroxide mix with cotton on my ear lobes in case I have an infection.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012