Mild abdominal pain. Had blobs in stools. Why are they stringy?

Over the last week I have had mild to severe abdominal pain (mostly lower abdomen ). Last week when this first began I had a bowel movement that looked like black ink blobs in the toilet, with one blob looking like it had stringy white gum in it (I do not chew gum). Throughout the week I have had diarrhea multiple times through each day, some like pure liquid and others with substance. The night before last just out of no where I began vomitting (with no warning at all), and proceeded to vomit for about 5 minutes straight. Last night I went to the restroom to urinate and a long brown string came out of my anus . That was it, no bowel movement otherwise. This morning I woke up and went to the restroom and it was like coffee grounds, only light tan and not black or bloody in any way. Throughout this there was one night that I kept waking up with severe sharp stomach pains that led to the liquid diarrhea (night before last). I have taken Immodium, but it has not stopped the issue. My doctor can t see me immediately, should I have cause or concern to go to the ER?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012