Lumps near thyroid. Done FNSC and USG. Advised hemithyroidectomy. Is it cancer?

I am 41 yr old. i noticed 2 small lumps near right lobe of thyroid recently and the FNSC report read smear studied shows few follicular cells in small clusters.Some of them show degenerative changes.Colloid seen in the background. good number of cyst macrophages are also seen. the ctological features are suggestive Nodular goitre . and USg report report In the right lobe 2 well defind heterogenous lesions of 21*27 mm and 19*16mm found. On doppler continuous lesions appeared relatively hypovascular. Bilateral subcentimeter deep cervical lymph nodes noted. (?Benign lesions) Advised for HPE . I would like to know if its a cancer? I am afraid. doctor asked me to get the hemithyroidactomy surgery done. pls help me know my condition.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012