Smear shows thyroid follicular cells, suggestive of nodular goitre, associated lymphocytic thyroiditis.

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
microscopic description

smear show contain scanty thyroid follicular cells with admistd

lymphoid cells in varying stages of maturation

abuandoned colloid is noted in the background

FNA from right and left thyroid - suggestive of nobular coitre with

associated lymphocytic thyroiditis
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 20 hours later

Unfortunately your history is absent, what you have provided is only a histopathological report.

Please answer the following to help me suggest better.

What are your complains?
How long have you been suffering from these?
Are you already on any medications?
Do you have any other positive medical history?
Did you go for any other reports apart from the smear study?

In the meantime let me brief you on thyroiditis: It is nonspecific inflammation [Swelling] of the thyroid gland and affects women more than men.

Nodular goiter is a diagnosis which can be arrived at by clinical examination and/or thyroid sonography or thyroid scan, it can be confirmed on FNAC only after clinical impression (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology).

If you provide me the detailed history we can come to a conclusive impression and guide you accordingly.

Hope I have cleared part of your doubts, get back with the replies and we will sort your issue.