Lump under rib cage, soreness. Scan and test inconclusive. What should be done?

Good morning. Im a 40yr old male, who has a lump under my left- hand side rib cage, (which is getting bigger) and sorer to touch, going from the left,through to the middle of my chest . My own caring GP examined me on his couch on Friday past, and said it might be an optic or ananoptic abcess, (I dont know what was actually said, but it sounded very much like that),which he then sent me for tests at the local hosp,but they could find NOTHING! which i find hard to understand. Coz if your body is sore, i for one, think its trying to tell you something. anyway i had 2 tests done. a scan and x-ray . While they where doing the scan, i was asked if i ever had trouble with my pancreas? In which I told them no. Alas, I was sent home the day after with a 250ml bottle of lactose .But can t see how that will help in the slightest.The said it must be FAECES THAT IS UP THERE! Ive never heard anything like that in my life. I must point out however, that I d been in hosp 6wks previous to this, to get poison cut out of my right-hand side buttock, (in which I still go to the practice nurse to be dressed every day, but the poison is still coming out and they cant let the wound shut, although its trying to). My GP gave me 2 dif courses of strong antibiotics after 3-4 wks from leaving the hosp, thinking that would do the trick, but still no joy 3wks later.Lastly, im very regular by way of the toilet every morning, so no pain down there. and weigh 11st 11lbs. Anything you could possibly let me know would be of a great advantage, as Im starting to get very worried about this lump and how big its getting. And being treated in the manner i was at the hosp, hasn t helped matters either. Please Doctor, I do know EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT, but being sent home with liquid to help you do the toilet, doesn t seem quite right to me. thankyou very kindly.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012