Lump on the ankle after being hit. Bluish patch. Could there be a blood clot?

Hello Dr., Exactly a week ago, when i ws kick-starting a friend s motorcycle, i missed the kicker and the got hit by the tip of the kicker on the inside of my right shin bone, just above the ankle. I didn t immediatley attend to it. By evening, i noticed a lump, which is causing pain. There is also pain in the region leading to the inside part of the ankle. In the lower inside ankle, there is a bluish patch, symptomatic of blood clot(?). Only yesterday i consulted an ortho, who advised x-rays, which reveal no damage to bone. He says the lump is caused by blood clotting. Can u advise please?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013