Liver test reading

Hi, when i took my liver test(ALT) reading is 55 U/L...actually the readinfg should between wat i can i do to reduce the count from 55 to below 40
Asked On : Wed, 24 Feb 2010
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. ALT (alanine aminotransferase) which was previously called as SGPT (Serum Glutamic Pyruvic Transaminase) is much more specific in hepato cellular disorders than AST and indicate damage or injury to liver.
2. ALT is exclusively found in the cytosol and is found elevated in hepatic necrosis due to any aetiology like viral hepatitis,toxin or drug induced hepatic injury)
3. ALT values are compared with other tests such as bilirubin value,Alkaline phosphatase to determine which type of liver disease is present, please tell about the reports (if an)??
4. Lifestyle changes is/are required: avoid any addiction,drink plenty of water and fresh juices along with fresh green vegetables and fruits.
5. brisk walk regularly helps in reducing the count.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
Avoid alcohol/spicy meals
Take Tab.Liv 52 DS 1 tab Thrice a day
if not diabetic have plenty of Glucose
also Cap.Becosules 1 cap once a day
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Bhui aamlaki is the best drug to protect liver. This is available in trade name of tab. Nirocil along with this use sy. livomyn 2 tsf bd.
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Avoid alcohol.. Check if you are on any drugs that may be injuring the liver and avoid those..