Light brown spotting, not due for periods. HPT negative. What could this be ?

Basically I ve been getting light brown spotting for a few days now but my period is not due until the 10th. This happened last month and I thought I was pregnant but took a test and was negative. It s light at first and only happens when I wipe but I ve been wearing a panty liner and when I got to the toilet sometimes there s brown spotting on there too. I have been trying to conceive since christmas. My periods are always rather heavy and this is the complete opposite. What could this be? I m starting to get worried?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013