Left lower leg numb, tingling, nerves of leg sick, swelling in knee

For about three months now my left lower leg has been numb and tingling . Its possible that I unknowingly injured it as I am active and rarely know when I receive bruises. I am 58 years of age. 5 3 and weigh 130 lbs. An orthopedic Dr. did and X-ray and a doppler to rule out a clot. Doesn t think my pain or numbness is due to anything about my knee , (although my knee hurts when I put my body weight on that leg). Both test were fine so he sent me to a Neurologist who determined that the nerves in both legs are sick, (his words). Now I am in Physical Therapy for the 6th week. I can feel no difference at all, this week I ve had some swelling in the knee. I feel that my problem is in my knee. I have no back issues whatsoever. The pain in the knee isnt that bad but the numbness is puzzling to me. I am okay with waiting til my knee heals if thats all it is but I just need to know.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013