Left knee swollen and ESR value high. On cefixime. Other tests?

sir, My ESR value is very high 126. I also have swelling in my left knee. what can be the possible reason for such an high increase in ESR value. i am 22 yrs old, male. X-RAY of my left leg was normal( no joint and bone problems). haemoglobin- 11.8 ( earlier it used to be 14-15 when i was well) lymphocyte- 23% typhoid and malaria test - negative rheumatoid factor- 11.5 IU/ml (normal as told by my doctor and he told that i dont have rheumatoid arthrititis) currently my doctor prescribed me CEFIXIME and LINEZOLID tablets( ZIFI turbo). please suggest me what to do , which medicines to continue with, most importantly what foods can i take to lower my esr value. moreover any other tests that i can take to properly diagnose my problem. thank you
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012