Left Tibial Rodding done on broken tibia, not yet healed, bruising, swelling present. When will it heal?

Hi, I broke my lefttibia on June 7th last year. I never healed up fully and was advised to do a Left Tibial Rodding. So on December 3rd, that s exactly what I did and now it s almost February and I m still not all healed up and I still have some bruising and swelling around where I broke the tibia. I have chewed, and smoked tobacco for probably 6 of these past 7 months and just quit. Do you believe there will be any way I can find complete union in the bone if I continue to stay off the tobacco?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013