Laceration on eyebrow and concussion while playing softball, unable to hit the ball after the incident. Eye check up required?

I havea 17 yr olddaughter. She is a softball player. She received a severe laceration to her eyebrow. (over 40 stitches) she also had a concussion . One thing that i failed to do was to have her eyes checked. Do I need to have an opthamologist see her? She has not been able to hit the ball in the batters box sincethe accident. Last year she had a .527 avg, so she is a great batter, so i am very concerned that I might have overlooked something. Would you please advise?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013